Tulane University welcomed the First Folio to its city earlier this month in true New Orleans style: Dr. Michael White and the Liberty Brass Band led a jazz funeral for Shakespeare, followed by a “second line” procession of people carrying green and white parasols. See more photos from the event on Flickr.
This video is from the band’s “tune-up” performance in April, as part of the 400th anniversary celebrations for Shakespeare in Stratford-upon-Avon.
The First Folio is making its way around the country. Here’s a quick cheat sheet of all the places where you can find our traveling exhibition, First Folio! The Book that Gave Us Shakespeare, this month:
- Kapiʻolani Community College, Honolulu, HI (through May 25)
- North Carolina Museum of History, Raleigh, NC (through May 30)
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA (through May 31)
- Amherst College, Amherst, MA (through May 31)
- University of Montana, Missoula, MT (through May 31)
- Museums of Oglebay Institute, Wheeling, WV (through June 12)
Enjoy these social media highlights from First Folio host sites around the country.
— Barri Bronston (@BarriBronston) May 9, 2016
— Amherst College (@AmherstCollege) May 11, 2016
— Univ. of Montana (@umontana) May 10, 2016
Find out where the First Folio tour will be in June, and share the excitement on social media with #SHX400 and #FirstFolio.
Celebrate 400 years of Shakespeare! Share your Shakespeare story by recording a short video and posting to social media using #MySHX400.