“If music be the food of love, play on…” At the National Music Museum in South Dakota, Shakespeare’s First Folio is surrounded by musical instruments from the playwright’s era, including the only English-made Renaissance cittern (c. 1579) known to survive today.
Here’s a quick cheat sheet of all the places (including South Dakota) where you can find our traveling exhibition, First Folio! The Book that Gave Us Shakespeare, this month:
- Portland Public Library, Portland, ME (through Apr 2)
- Wayne State University, Detroit Institute of Arts, and Detroit Public Library, Detroit, MI (through Apr 3)
- Museo y Centro de Estudios Humanísticos, Turabo, PR (through Apr 3)
- University of South Dakota and the National Music Museum, Vermillion, SD (through Apr 2)
- Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (through Apr 3)
— Portland Library ME (@PortPublicLibME) March 9, 2016
— Maine Humanities (@MaineHumanities) March 4, 2016
— Detroit Inst of Arts (@DIADetroit) March 8, 2016
— Wayne State Library (@waynestatelib) March 11, 2016
— Universidad Turabo (@UniTurabo) March 9, 2016
Shakespeare está entre nosotros, ven a conocerlo. https://t.co/cZ76WrVK6n
— Universidad Turabo (@UniTurabo) March 1, 2016
— NationalMusicMuseum (@NMMUSD) March 4, 2016
— NationalMusicMuseum (@NMMUSD) March 9, 2016
— NationalMusicMuseum (@NMMUSD) March 13, 2016
— Lone Star Folio (@LoneStarFolio) March 8, 2016
— Laura Estill (@Laura_Estill) March 9, 2016
— Texas A&M University (@TAMU) March 10, 2016
Find out where the First Folio tour will be in April, and share the excitement on social media with #SHX400 and #FirstFolio.
Have you gone to see the First Folio yet? Share your Shakespeare story by recording a short video and posting to social media using #MySHX400.